Re: [MirageOS-devel] Irmin-on-Mirage status

>> We indeed need to expose something else to make that logic easier. I think
>> the simplest way would be to expose a functor in Git.Memory[1] for storing
>> inflated values -- currently we are simply using in-memory Hashtbl, but that
>> could be made a bit more abstract. Using that functor you can them have an
>> Git.Store.S that you can pass to Irmin. What do you think?
>
> That's possible, but the main problem is that the Irmin functor
> requires Git.Sync.IO, Git.FS.IO and LOCK, none of which I want to
> implement in the browser.

You don't need Git.FS.IO and I'm not sure you need the lock, see how
Irmin_git.Memory is implemented:

https://github.com/mirage/irmin/blob/master/lib/git/irmin_git.ml#L727

For Sync.IO actually that would be quite cool to `git fetch/push` from your
browser using the smart HTTP protocol .... but if you can pass mock functions
to start with.

Thomas