Re: [MirageOS-devel] [opam-devel] Managing $PKG_CONFIG_PATH in opam

> I think we could definitely use an answer to pkg-config management,
> but not one that's entwined into the core of OPAM itself. If something
> could be figured out that fits in with the compilers-as-packages
> feature so that packages could extend the environment, this would
> make cross-OS portability much easier.

I don't want to promise too much, as the design is mostly unwritten yet, but
that's part of my plans.
Note that compiler descriptions already have an `env:` field:

    env: [[CAML_LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "%{lib}%/stublibs"]]

that propagates to the user environment (i.e. `opam config env`)

We also already have some specific operators to dictate environment variable
updates, documented at http://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Manual.html#Environmentupdates