[MirageOS-devel] BLOCK APIs

Hi all,

I am currently working on building a functor which takes a V1.BLOCK implementation and creates a new BLOCK implementation, with ORAM capabilities.

Iâve been looking through the APIs and I had a couple of questions about the structure of things:

  1. Is there any specific reason why mirage-block-unix and mirage-block-xen both implement V1.BLOCK and add types themselves, rather than implementing V1.BLOCK_LWT?
  2. Both implementations have a âconnect" method of type "string -> [`Ok of t | `Error of error] ioâ, is there a reason why this is not part of the BLOCK signature? It would be nice to be able to rely on the implementation having this method.

It would be great to clarify these points before I move ahead with the implementation.

Thanks,

Rupert