Re: [MirageOS-devel] [ Pioneer Projects ]

Dear Cosmin,

On 19 October 2015 at 20:35, Cosmin Boaca <cosmin.boaca1994@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My name is Cosmin Boaca and I am a student in 4th year at Politehnica
> University of Bucharest. I have seen the list of pioneer projects and I am
> interested in contributing to one of them and use it as subject for my
> Bachelor's Thesis.

Great!

> The projects in which I'm interested in are (order is random):

I'll just comment on the projects for which I'm mentor.

> Multi-process/vm support for ocaml ctypes

I think this one could make a good Bachelor's project.  There's plenty
of scope for extension and experiment around the basic idea, and
there's also the potential for a fun demo showing how to build
software that can recover from memory-corruption issues that are
usually fatal.

> Macros for OCaml

This one could turn into a good project, but there's a little more
risk involved than the multi-process ctypes project, because the
amount of work needed to get to a working state is significantly
larger, and because it involves working with a more complex code base.
However, if you can makes sense of the abstract linked from the
project description, and if you're not daunted by the prospect of
hacking on the OCaml compiler (even after looking at the type-checker
internals!) then this could be a good fit.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Kind regards,

Jeremy.