Re: [MirageOS-devel] OUnit Patch

On 29 October 2015 at 16:45, Rupert Horlick <rh572@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Iâve just been adding unit tests to my Mirage application using OUnit, but
> they started throwing up errors.
>
> I found your patch for the problem here
> (http://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1363&group_id=162&atid=730),
>  but I just wanted to ask what you think the best way to deal with this is?

I guess oUnit is dead (that patch was first submitted in 2013). Maybe
one of the other frameworks would be better, although the work-around
is OK if you don't need to run tests in parallel. Mirage has alcotest,
although I haven't used it in my own code:

https://github.com/mirage/alcotest

Perhaps someone on mirage-devel (CC'd) could give a quick overview of
its benefits (apart from defaulting to not crashing, obviously)...

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA