Re: [MirageOS-devel] Irmin on BLOCK

Hi Rupert,

The main thing is to implement Irmin's AO signature:

https://github.com/mirage/irmin/blob/4ccccb5d3117e4cc1ecff4a83cc508da59006423/lib/irmin.mli#L360

i.e. given a block of data, write it to disk and return its hash.
Given a hash, return the file data.

You could write the data sequentially to the disk and keep an index of
where everything has been stored. Or, you could perhaps use the file's
hash to decide where to store it. There's also irmin-chunk
(https://github.com/mirage/irmin-chunk) which says it might help with
raw device backends, although I'm not sure what the idea is there.

On 7 November 2015 at 18:11, Rupert Horlick <rh572@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Iâm investigating using Irmin on top of a Mirage BLOCK implementation. Iâve
> been reading through the source, but I was wondering if anyone could point me
> to the files that will be of most use for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rupert

Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA