Re: [MirageOS-devel] Testing the next release of mirage

> 2. I'd love to be able to get at the configuration options as data, in
> an ideal world JSON, probably something like a generated JSON schema
> (http://json-schema.org/)
>
> My rationale for the last part is integration with other tools.
> Personally I'd love to be able to autogenerate Puppet types for a
> resulting unikernel but any form of runtime configuration integration
> would benefit from a machine readable format for the configuration.
>
> This might look something like this. (--help=json felt wrong somehow)
>
> OPTIONS
>       --help[=FMT] (default=pager)
>           Show this help in format FMT (pager, plain or groff).
>       --parameters[=FMT] (default=json)
>           List available unikernel parameters in a machine readable
> format (json).

That's a very good idea and relatively easy to do, depending on which kind of
syntax you want the parameter to be in. If that just strings, e.g. { "key":
"ip", "value": "10.0.0.1" } that's easy. If you want the values to be JSON
objects it'd be a bit harder / a bit more annoying / a bigger patch to
functoria. Do you already have a syntax in mind?

Thomas