Re: [MirageOS-devel] Error in the introduction process

On 26 November 2015 at 15:27, Ben <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi
> I'm new to mirage and appreciate the work you've done to introduce new
> users to this huge project from the very beginning. While the
> installation process went smooth (opam is awesome!), I'm not able to
> build the very first (hello world) project.
>
> like you write on the first section of:
> https://mirage.io/wiki/hello-world
> I did:
>    $ git clone git://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton.git
>    $ cd mirage-skeleton
>
> Now, I'm not absolutely sure what to do next. Normally I would follow
> the README that says
>
>     $ make console-configure
>
> but according to your wiki page I have to
>     $ cd console
>     $ mirage configure --unix
>
> In this case it doesn't seem to make any difference the error is always
> the same:
>
> ----- Error message
>      console     => ocamlfind query -format '%p'  -recursive
>      mirage-console.unix mirage-types.lwt[ERROR]      command terminated
>      with exit code 2
>      stderr: ocamlfind: Package `mirage-console.unix' not found
> ------
>
> (entire error message at the bottom)
>
> Maybe something in the ocamlfind configuration is the problem?
>
> Sys infos:
>
> cat /etc/lsb-release
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS"
>
> opam --version
> 1.2.2
>
>  ocaml -version
> The OCaml toplevel, version 4.02.3
>
> which ocamlfind
> /home/ben/.opam/system/bin/ocamlfind
>
> ocamlfind list | grep -i mirage
> mirage              (version: 2.5.0)
> mirage-types        (version: 2.3.0)
> mirage-types.lwt    (version: 2.3.0)
> mirage.runtime      (version: 2.5.0)
>
>  find ~/.opam/ -iname 'mirage-console'
> /home/ben/.opam/4.01.0/share/mirage-console
> /home/ben/.opam/4.01.0/etc/mirage-console
> /home/ben/.opam/4.01.0/lib/mirage-console
> /home/ben/.opam/4.01.0/doc/mirage-console
> /home/ben/.opam/packages/mirage-console
> /home/ben/.opam/repo/default/packages/mirage-console

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the detailed bug report. It looks like opam and ocamlfind
disagree about whether mirage-console is installed. You can probably
unjam it with some sequence of "opam uninstall mirage-console" and
"opam install mirage-console".

We should probably get is-mirage-broken working again so it can find
these problems automatically...

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA