Re: [MirageOS-devel] Error reporting and logging in generated main.ml

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been experimenting with some improvements to the error reporting
and logging in the generated main.ml code:
Some initial results are here (including a mirage-dev fork you can use
to try it):

    https://github.com/talex5/canopy-data/blob/master/Posts/Errors.md

Hopefully this (or something like it) could be merged, although it
introduces quite a few breaking changes and will require releasing
many components at one.

Which components? The reason I ask is because I'm currently going through removing support for camlp4 and replacing it with ppx which also requires releasing many components, although I'm able to do it incrementally. So far I've released

- shared-memory-ring
- xenstore
- mirage-block-xen
- mirage-profile
- dns

and changes are pending for:

- mirage-net-xen
- cstruct

but there are probably still lots more libraries that need this done.

If you're able to make releases incrementally, let me know and perhaps we could share the release overhead for a couple.

Cheers,
Dave