Re: [MirageOS-devel] Error reporting and logging in generated main.ml

On 15 March 2016 at 13:30, David Scott <scott.dj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I've been experimenting with some improvements to the error reporting
>> and logging in the generated main.ml code:
>> Some initial results are here (including a mirage-dev fork you can use
>> to try it):
>>
>>     https://github.com/talex5/canopy-data/blob/master/Posts/Errors.md
>>
>> Hopefully this (or something like it) could be merged, although it
>> introduces quite a few breaking changes and will require releasing
>> many components at one.
>

> Which components?

The ones currently in my mirage-dev branch are:

https://github.com/mirage/mirage-dev/compare/master...talex5:better-errors?expand=1

- functoria (allow wrapping for with_mirage_logging and remove old
built-in error handling)
- mirage-{block,net}-{unix,xen} (add pp_error)
- mirage (generate new error handling code)
- mirage-types (change error types, add pp_error)
- tcpip (add pp_error, use logs, new connect sigs)

(and also:
- charrua (just fixes unit-test failure)
- mirage-skeleton (updated configs and network setup)
)

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA