[MirageOS-devel] outreachy internship projects -

Hi!
My name is Tatiana Malygina (https://github.com/latticetower). I'm interested in Outreachy internships, and I found on project ideas page couple of projects I like:
1. https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects#bigarray-parser-generator - I see there is a Mentee on wiki page, why is this project still open?
Are you looking for someone who will add improvements/fix bugs, or are you planning to continue develop with current mentee?
I've tried to construct parsers before with some parser library: https://github.com/railsrumble/octographr/blob/master/app/scala_parser.rb. I made it with 'parslet' gem in ruby to parse Scala project source files and show diagram with different types of relations between classes.
I think that getting involved in writing parser combinator library itself will help me learn to construct parsers more consciously.

2. If the first mentioned project is unavailable, I also like this one
https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects#macros-for-ocaml
Last project I made was in Julia, the best part in it - I made some code generation with julia macros (that project: https://github.com/latticetower/MuKanren.jl). I think that code generation in OCaml is a nice task and I'll be glad to do it.

How can I show that I'm interested, what type of 'small contribution' should I make for one of these to start?

Thanks!

P.S. - I haven't chance to write something in OCaml yet, but I learn fast and I'm ready to prove it.
P.P.S. - If both projects are already assigned to mentees, I'm open to other projects, if you think they fits me better.

Tanya.