Re: [MirageOS-devel] outreachy internship projects -

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Jeremy Yallop <jeremy.yallop@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Tanya,

On 15 March 2016 at 13:42, merlettaia <merlettaia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My name is Tatiana Malygina (https://github.com/latticetower). I'm
> interested in Outreachy internships, and I found on project ideas page
> couple of projects I like:
> 1.
> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects#bigarray-parser-generator
> - I see there is a Mentee on wiki page, why is this project still open?

The project is actually underway, and at a stage where it might be
tricky for someone new to contribute.  However, there's a closely
related project by Spiros Eliopoulos, to build a fast parser
combinator library, and I think there are some opportunities there.
Spiros, do you have suggestions for how Tatiana might contribute?

Yeah, there's some work that needs to be done on angstrom that I was hoping to get to before releasing. In particular, angstorm currently uses the cstruct library for its internal buffer, and also as one of two input representations. It'd be best to a bigarray directly both for compatibility with other libraries as well as performance. I've a created an issue for in the GitHub issue tracker:

Have a look and see if you're interested. Feel free to ask questions on the issue whilte you're evaluating it, as well as after. I also setup a much less ambitious issue so that a beginner can get their feet wet:

If you're interested let me know, and I'll assign an issue (or both!) to you.

-Spiros E.