Re: [MirageOS-devel] Updates to the Lwt tutorial

  • To: Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx>, Drup <drupyog@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:47:36 +0100
  • Cc: "mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:47:53 +0000
On 24 May 2016, at 18:08, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Mirage Lwt tutorial was getting a bit out of date, especially now
> that we no longer use the camlp4 syntax extensions. I've tried to
> update it to match the way we currently use Lwt, and also added new
> sections about missing topics such as error handling and spawning
> background threads:
>
>  https://mirage.io/wiki/tutorial-lwt
>
> If you've been confused by all the >>= operators in Mirage code,
> please try giving the tutorial another look and see if it makes more
> sense now. Let me know if anything is still unclear.
>
> Thanks to @hannesm, @yomimono and @aantron for their feedback on the
> PR (https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/pull/458).

Thanks, this was a long overdue and useful update!

Drup mentioned on the IRC meeting that portions of this tutorial may be
useful to contribute upstream to Lwt.  Is the manual the right place,
or is there somewhere else?  If we just kept it at the existing location,
it would be easier to build on with Mirage-specific content and
guidelines.

Incidentally, there is an interesting thread about Lwt_stream semantics
upstream that Mirage consumers may have opinions on:
https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt/issues/250

Anil