Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirageos 3.0 : let's break some APIs

On 17/06/2016 17:20, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> On 17 June 2016 at 15:44, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Sounds fine, although it might complicate the code in some places (and
>>> if you return the time you want it to wait for and a callback to
>>> invoke when done then you're just reimplementing Lwt, although
>>> possibly making it clearer that there are fewer effects besides
>>> waiting).
>>
>> Did you look at the charrua code?  There's no need to "return the time
>> you want".  I mentioned this mechanism since it is elegant and does not
>> install any timers on its own, but acts only if there's anything else to
>> do anyways (such as incoming packets).
>
> I assue you're talking about this code:

No.  I'm talking here about charrua -
https://github.com/haesbaert/charrua-core/blob/master/lib/dhcp_server.ml#L896
/
https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton/blob/master/dhcp/unikernel.ml#L34
-- this is a different from the ike I mentioned later.

hannes