Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirageos 3.0 : let's break some APIs

On 12 July 2016 at 17:05, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Unfortunately not easy to drop in as a replacement since mirage - the
>> tool - has pretty much hardcoded tcpip.arpv4 and Arpv4 as a module name.
>
> This issue, generally, is something I've been mulling over for a while.
> When I'm building unikernels that use some custom implementation I just do
> an end-run around the mirage front-end tool, but it really feels like
> something that should be supported.

Is this related to a short discussion from the long lost past,
transiently captured at
https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2014-11/msg00173.html
(specifically option 2), with followups at
https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2014-11/msg00175.html
and https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2014-12/msg00083.html?

(And I wonder if someone should tell the Xen project that their "next
by thread" thing appears to implicitly be "next by thread but only if
in the same month"...)

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx