Re: [MirageOS-devel] docs.mirage.io building again

  • To: Amir M Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:17:18 +0100
  • Cc: mirageos-devel <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:17:26 +0000
On 14 Oct 2016, at 11:59, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 14 Oct 2016, at 11:29, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> As this setup stabilises, I will merge the TROVE links currently held in
>> mirage-www with this version (which uses OPAM package names rather than
>> repositories, which is more useful I think).
>
> This is definitely more useful.  We’ve previously discussed using Opam tags
> to help filter the Mirage libraries and this might be a good time to revisit
> that.

See this issue on Odig:
https://github.com/dbuenzli/odig/issues/7

We could also just write our own index page generator for Mirage outside of
Odig of course.

> For example, would it make sense to use something like the output of 'opam
> search org:mirage’ as input to the opam depext step?  There would still be
> packages we’d have to add directly to the Dockerfile but this might make it
> easier as more libraries are added to Opam.

Yeah I think this would be useful.  Not all the libraries are part of Mirage
(e.g. Lwt), but they would get pulled in as dependencies and so wouldn't get
tagged.  PRs welcome for this -- the Dockerfile.doc can be built locally quite
easily with "docker build -f Dockerfile.odoc -t mirage-doc ." so you can
experiment with different labelling schemes to remove the manual list.

Anil