Re: [MirageOS-devel] [cambridge] welcome Takayuki Imada

On 18/10/16 14:49, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> Dear Miragers,
>
> I'd like to introduce Takayuki Imada, who is joining the Cambridge Computer
> Lab this week as a visitor for a year-long sabbatical from Hitachi in Japan.
>
> Takayuki describes himself as a "software virtualisation guy" and the goal of
> his sabbatical is to experiment with various platforms for integrating
> unikernel tech, and particularly MirageOS, into network devices (including
> ARM as well as x86).
>
> As part of this, he will taking a close look at the Mirage networking
> subsystem and how technologies such as SR-IOV passthrough can link up with
> the various Mirage backends (such as Xen where hardware passthrough is
> relatively mature, and newer backends such as Solo5 where some work needs to
> happen on Linux KVM and FreeBSD for equivalent functionality).
>
> His first step is starting to learn OCaml, and he attended the ICFP tutorial
> that Mindy and Gemma ran recently.  He is now using Real World OCaml as his
> reference text, so please do assist him with any questions he might have
> while we plug the documentation gaps in Mirage3.  If you're a network hacker
> (or otherwise!) feel free to find him in the CUCL in FW01.
>
> Welcome Takayuki!
>
> regards
> Anil

This is great news! Yes, welcome Takayuki!

It would be great, a little later down the road, if we could set up a
repository, like Solo5, where we can both learn and contribute to
anything hardware related - in the form of both snippets and demonstrators.

The future is looking rosy :-)