Re: [MirageOS-devel] Pinned repos on GitHub

> On 15 Nov 2016, at 11:56, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 15/11/2016 11:51, Thomas Leonard wrote:
>> On 15 November 2016 at 11:39, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I just noticed that GitHub now allows you to pin repos to your profile or
>>> organisation.  Apparently this has been around since June but we missed it
>>> [1] :)
>>>
>>> I’ve now pinned the ‘mirage’, ‘irmin’, and ‘mirage-www’ repos to the top of
>>> the GitHub org for MirageOS.  This should make it a little easier for
>>> newcomers to understand where to first get involved, even if the actual
>>> activity happens to be elsewhere.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/blog/2191-pin-repositories-to-your-github-profile
>>
>> Good idea. Maybe pin e.g. tcpip, cstruct and cohttp too, to get across
>> the idea of a library OS more?
>
> agreed.  could we use mirage-skeleton instead of mirage-www, please?  I
> think mirage-www is a bit too hard to understand for beginners.

We can only pin 6 repos, I’m afraid.  Keeping the number small is a good thing
:)

Thanks for mentioning these libraries!  I do think we should keep mirage-www,
as it’s the infrastructure that runs the website and I believe it should be
made easy to find from the org page.

The list is now (in order):
- mirage
- irmin