Re: [MirageOS-devel] Unikernels on clouds? Just a mirage....

On 11/15/2016 09:01 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

I recently broke this, but it's fixed now.  (See
https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/674 for more information. We don't get
the route information via option 121 but rather via option 3, which is also
provided; this seems to work.)
I have managed to build a Mirage unikernel but I think its DHCP might be broken.

How would I rebuild my unikernel, but incorporating the fix mentioned above?

If you're building against the still-incubating MirageOS 3 (i.e., you've executed `opam remote add mirage-dev https://github.com/mirage/mirage-dev.git` before building), updating the charrua-client package will pick up the fix:

```
opam update
opam upgrade charrua-client
```

and then rebuild your unikernel:

```
cd where-my-unikernel-lives
mirage clean
mirage configure --dhcp true # and any other parameters you used last time
make
```

If you've built against the currently-released version of MirageOS, you won't have gotten the broken package in the first place, so the steps above won't help. If you have any diagnostic information, I can try to help you debug the DHCP transaction (although perhaps we should do this in a GitHub issue or synchronously on IRC to avoid generating a lot of noise on this list).

-Mindy