[MirageOS-devel] MirageOS version 3.0.0 released

Hello!

It is my great pleasure to announce that Mirage version 3 has been released into opam-repository. Allowing for the time necessary to sync `opam.ocaml.org`, you should soon be able to upgrade to Mirage 3.

If you choose to use a pre-existing opam switch, you may need to remove some roots before `opam upgrade` is willing to upgrade you to Mirage 3. You'll also need to be using OCaml version 4.03.0 or later.

If you were using the `mirage-dev` or `mirageos-3-beta` opam remotes, those are no longer necessary. `mirageos-3-beta` will be removed shortly, and `mirage-dev` will have its packages cleared to make way for whatever next set of staging packages is about to dazzle us.

For more information on what's in Mirage 3, check out the blog post at https://mirage.io/blog/announcing-mirage-30-release . (There's also a solo5-hosted version at http://solo5.mirage.io/blog/announcing-mirage-30-release !)

We've prepared a porting guide at https://mirage.io/wiki/mirage2-to-mirage3 for those of you want quick help getting your unikernels up and running in the new universe. The introductory content at https://mirage.io/wiki/hello-world (and https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton , to which it refers) has also been updated, if you're looking to get started with Mirage for the first time.

I'm overwhelmingly grateful to all of you for your contributions to this release, those that have come before, and those yet to come. Thank you for making a wonderful community, welcoming me into it, and helping me give back along the way. <3

-Mindy