[MirageOS-devel] Databox Launch Event

Hi Everyone; Databox is a project where we're making use of some
Mirage components, so hopefully this will be of interest to some.

We're having an open-source community launch of the Databox project on
Friday 24th of March at Darwin College, in co-operation with the OCaml
Labs in Cambridge. The Databox Project, started in October 2017 with
generous funding by EPSRC, is building an open-source personal
networked device, augmented by cloud-hosted services, that collates,
curates, and mediates access to an individual’s personal data by
verified and audited, locally-executable, third party applications and
services. The platform is built using Docker containers, and should
work on any platform with Docker support. We're endeavouring to
provide support for ARM devices such as the Raspberry Pi 3 in this
initial release, as well as x86 NUCs.

Registration is via
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/databox-open-source-community-launch-tickets-32288471688
and closes March 10th. At this event we want to introduce the Databox
to you, and then we hope to engage with security & privacy
enthusiasts, data visualisation & analytics fans, and potential app
developers to begin building a community and ecosystem around the
Databox. We’re open to contributions of all kinds, from improvements
to core components, to helping you integrate your favourite IoT
devices, to brainstorming what apps and devices you want to see the
Databox support! You can find out more about the project on
http://www.databoxproject.uk/ and view the in-progress code at
https://github.com/me-box/.

Venue: Darwin College Cambridge, Silver Street, Cambridge CB3 9EU,
United Kingdom
Date: Friday 24th  March 2017
Agenda:
9:30-10:00 Registration, Coffee and pastries
10:00  Welcome and Introduction to the Databox project
10:20 Introduction to the open source platform and components (Databox team)
11:00 SDK and Building an example app
11:30 Feature requirements discussions and BoF work groups
12:00 Development session I
13:00 Buffet Lunch
13:30 Development session I continued
14:30 Tea Break
14:45 BoF sessions II
15:00 Feature & App development session II
16:30 Group/individual presentations
17:00 Close
18:30 Drinks and dinner

--