Re: [MirageOS-devel] Problems running mirage-skeleton DNS app on GCE

Hi Mindy, Martin,

Thanks for your respective comments.

Yes, I'd misunderstood the ipv4 parameter, assuming it was the subnet itself.

I now have something working which will do fine for tomorrow, and I'll look in more detail later.

I'll pop by and say hello to you Mindy if you'll be on the stand tomorrow,
Regards,
Mike.

On 18 April 2017 at 20:51, Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, 18.04.2017 at 12:38, Mindy wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I notice that you're passing this argument:
>
> --ipv4 10.128.0.0/20
>
> but the internal IP for your instance is 10.128.0.3 .  You might instead try
> --ipv4 10.128.0.3/20 .
>
> Failing that, configuring with a higher log level might be helpful as well
> -- try adding `-l \*:debug` to the `mirage configure` line, and more helpful
> output might be forthcoming.

I'm by no means an expert on GCE networking, and have only really tested
Mirage/Solo5 unikernels on it with DHCP. What I do know is that GCE tends
to use rather specific routing (handing out an /32 IPv4 address along with
a static route).

Is there some reason you can't use DHCP for your unikernel? Or, at least
compare what configuration your get via DHCP and try and reproduce that
exact same configuration via static IP if possible?

Martin