Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage, persistence, kv store, file system, what's the plan?

  • To: Tom Ridge <tom.j.ridge+list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 21:01:23 +0100
  • Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 May 2017 20:01:35 +0000
On 10 May 2017, at 20:21, Tom Ridge <tom.j.ridge+list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks interesting!

Anyone else have anything?

Hi Tom,

You may also want to follow the dev reports I've started issuing weekly on
the Moby DataKit project, where we aggregate activities around Irmin, DataKit
and filesystem protocol libraries such as 9P.

There's significant activity around the Git and 9P libraries at the moment
(see Thomas' mail from earlier today), and Gabriel's filesystem work will also
hopefully form the basis of a pure Irmin unikernel onto block storage. This should
be fairly complementary to your own filesystem as they have different performance
profiles, so I hope we can make all of those work together.

At a management level: Is anyone co-ordinating mirage? Anil? Hannes?

As Mindy pointed out, the set of active core team members are at:

We also have bi-weekly IRC catchups where anyone can sync up; agenda

Aside from this list, that meeting is a good place to discuss things synchronously.
Did you have anything else in mind from a "management" perspective?

regards,
Anil