Re: [MirageOS-devel] Need help adding a custom module (for GPIO) to Solo5 & MirageOS

  • To: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Joe <joe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:24:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 18:26:38 +0000
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 smtp2.servers.tyknet.dk 8950C2DC77

Hi Hugues,

On 10/8/19 12:01 AM, Hugues Fafard wrote:
I really hope someone can help me out here or at least point me in the
right direction. In any case thanks for reading this far and after that
wall of text, have a nice evening everyone.

It was interesting, and it sounds like a noble cause.

1) Maybe I didn't read your email closely enough, but I missed the description of problem you are currently experiencing? Are you having trouble getting things to compile, or having trouble getting things to do the right thing?

2) I'm afraid the mono repository thing makes it more time-consuming to try to help you: Your git history for `mirage-solo5` and `solo5` itself is not very readable; it would be nice to - for instance - be able to get a `diff` of what you have changed.

3) For people who don't know what GPIO is, like me, or people who don't have loose wires hanging out of their laptops already - is there an easy way to mock or virtualize that in Linux or FreeBSD that will let me see what pins are set/unset?

Joe