Re: [Predisclosure-applications] NetApp pre-disclosure list application

Hazinski, Matt writes ("[Predisclosure-applications] NetApp pre-disclosure list
application"):
> I’d like to request inclusion of NetApp (https://netapp.com) on the Xen
> pre-disclosure list. NetApp is a leading storage software provider which
> distributes a modified version of Xen Server as part of our E-Series
> SANtricity OS version 11.30 for E2800 controller platforms. We also provide
> XenCenter Client plug-ins, such as Virtual Storage Console for Citrix
> XenServer.

Hi.  Thanks for your mail.

> Instructions on purchasing our software can be found here:
> http://www.netapp.com/us/how-to-buy/index.aspx

This seems to us to meet the requirements of the policy.

> We mention our use of Xen Server in our NOTICE file linked from:
> https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62264&language=en-US
>  (search for “Xen” in page 46, 48, 51 of the “Notice (OS Bundle)” pdf). We
> also publish some of our modified Xen source at:
> ftp://ftp.netapp.com/frm-ntap/opensource/ESeriesFW/v11.30/xen-4.4.1.tar.gz ;
> (NetApp’s changes are in
> debian/patches/debian-changes-4.4.1-9+deb8u8+ntap3945).

Hi.  Thanks.  I'm afraid the first URL is not accessible without
logging in.  We are specifically forbidden by the policy from taking
into account any pages which "require registration" or are
"password-protected".

The second URL is not a "web page" as the policy requires; and it is
not "immediately evident" from the provision of that source code that
your current products use Xen.

> Documentation of our XenCenter Client plug-ins is available here:
> https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=61792&language=en-US

I'm afraid it is not obvious from at least the first of those
documents whether NetApp actually distribute Xen, or simply provide a
separate plugin for it.

> Information about our handling of security reports can be found at the
> following links:
>   - http://www.netapp.com/us/legal/security/contact/index.aspx
>   - http://www.netapp.com/us/legal/security/policy/vulnerability-response.aspx

This seems to us to meet the requirements of the policy.

> Please use xdl-ext-security-notices@xxxxxxxxxx for the pre-disclosure list.
> This is an internal alias only accessible by our Product Security team.
>
> We have read this pre-disclosure policy and agree to abide by the terms for
> inclusion in the list, including the requirements regarding confidentiality
> during an embargo period.
>
> Let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks.

If you would like to resubmit your application with different urls
evidencing your use of Xen, we'd be happy to consider it.  It might be
helpful for you to re-review the policy requirements before doing so.

Regards,
Ian.
(on behalf of the Xen Project Security Team.)