Re: [Predisclosure-applications] Pre-disclosure Application

Sean,

Thanks for your application, and sorry it's taken so long to get back to
you.

On 01/03/2018 08:51 PM, Sean Mahoney wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> We are applying for predisclosure advisories for our organization.
>
> Name: Choopa Hosting
>
> Domains: choopa.com constant.com reliableservers.com

> supported users that use Xen in their deployments.
>
> All of our Xen services are Xenserver on dedicated hardware, located in
> our Piscataway, NJ facility.

Hmm -- so as far as I can tell, your company doesn't provide VMs.  You
provide physical boxes and help your customers install and manage the
software that runs on them; if they want Windows Server or CentOS or
Ubuntu or whatever, you'll help them install it; and XenServer is one of
your offerings.  Is that a correct understanding?

I don't think you fit cleanly into any of the categories listed in the
security policy.  "Hosting provider" was meant to mean "VM hosting", not
"physical machine hosting".

I'm assuming that your customers have access to the xapi / dom0 on the
systems you provide.  Can you describe why you think you need to be on
the security list, rather than just helping your customers download
XenServer updates the normal way when the issue goes public?

Question of whether you qualify aside, there are a few problems with the
application as you've made it:

> A few of our hardware offerings can be found here:
>
> https://www.constant.com/servers/
>
> https://www.choopa.com/servers/

None of the links provided mention Xen, so your application doesn't meet
this requirement:

"Evidence of your status as a user/distributor of Xen: Statements about,
or descriptions of, your eligible production services or released
software, from which it is immediately evident that they use Xen."

> Security issues can be reported with our publicly available contact info
> @ https://www.choopa.com/corporate/contact.php

Nothing on this page says anything about security, so your application
doesn't meet this requirement:

"Your invitation to members of the public, who discover security
problems with your products/services, to report them in confidence to
you; Specifically, the contact information (email addresses or other
contact instructions) which such a member of the public should use."

Thanks,
 -George