2. Empower them to see what kinds of technical "features" can lead to vendor lock-in, and how

Both will need a good set of concrete examples.

 -George

On 21/08/13 13:49, Lars Kurth wrote:
I think it is worthwhile. I just think the argument is not clear enough. For example, it could be taken as AWS=bad. Can you run this past the CPG OSS team for input. It may work better, if we mention VMware,...
Lars

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: Russell Pavlicek <russell.pavlicek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2013/08/21 13:10 (GMT+00:00)
To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>,Anthony Perard <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>,Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>,publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of August 12

Your summary is basically correct; this is a piece about the importance of selecting a FOSS hypervisor to run your Cloud. This is an argument that needs to be made to thousands of current and future VMware users.  If we don't make the argument,  we are leaving it up to KVM to make it - -  and I don't hear them doing it.

Greg 's talk is interesting, but it is more likely to frighten IT folks - - they don't like the idea of users escaping the cage that IT has placed them in.

If folks don't think this is worthwhile,  I will kill it and write a new piece.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my mobile device.