Re: [Publicity] Blog post: OSSTest Standalone Mode Step by Step

Wei,

thanks. I will leave it to others to comment. Would you be willing to put together a wiki page based on the post and post to xen-devel? I had a conversation with IanC at LinuxCon about the lack of people using OSS Test. I believe the two main reasons for the lack of pick-up so far are:
a) It is unclear how to build OSS Test into the dev routine (this post + wiki should address this)
b) We have been broadcasting pleas to use "OSS Test" in a blanket fashion to xen-devel

I believe, that we would be more successful, if reviewers could point out to submitters of patches that in a specific patch submission a new OSS Test would be very valuable/appreciated/in their own interest. I also believe that once a submitter has written a couple of tests, they will see the value of OSS Test themselves.

In any case, I do not want to cover this in detail on the publicity list. This would be better discussed on xen-devel, but I need a "hook" to kick off the discussion.

Lars