Re: [Publicity] FOSDEM booth demo: MirageOS

On gio, 2014-01-09 at 16:29 +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2014, at 16:26, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi Anil, everyone,
> >
> > A bit of context:
> > http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/publicity/2013-12/msg00044.html
> >
> > How about a MirageOS demo?
> >
> > Up to know we've got confirmation for the following demos:
> > - QubesOS
> > - Dual Android on a NEXUS tablet
> > - OSv
> >
> > I think Mirage would be a good fit too... Up for it?
>
> I did see that and am happy to do so -- it's just that I wonder how
> interesting MirageOS will be compared to any of those for a demo.

I think I see what you mean. Well, however having at least something to
show would be quite nice, what we're really looking for here is the
availability of someone from Mirage to be at the Xen booth at a specific
time, to explain what Mirage is, answer questions. Again, answering and
showing would greatly benefit from having something sensible people can
look at, but it's not 100% mandatory I guess.

Consider that we'll have a timetable/schedule for the demos/presence of
people from various project at the booth, so that someone interested in
any of those project, can came back at the proper time and hear and ask
questions directly to you... That's why I'm saying that even just
agreeing on being there would be already something!

> CCing Mort -- any ideas for something interactive to demo (perhaps
> the slide decks and Unix/Xen specialization?)

Anything you could think about would work, I'm sure. In fact, even if
not 100% mandatory, it would really be a plus to have something live to
show off. :-P

> Having said that, I'm just porting it to the ARM MiniOS at the moment,
> so I wonder if I can get that working by FOSDEM time...

That would be great! :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Dario