Re: [Publicity] Blog update, week of Jan 13, 2014

On 16/01/14 12:09, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here's the first blog update for the New Year! :-)

Last posts have been:
> - Me, about the Xen talks @ next FOSDEM

This week, I'd like to publish a piece from Jim Fehlig about the libxl
> driver in libvirt.
>
> Here's a draft. I scheduled it for tomorrow morning, so speak your
> mind before that time:
> http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2014/01/17/libvirt-support-for-xens-new-libxenlight-toolstack/?preview=true&preview_id=8648&preview_nonce=3a12432c91
>
>  Jim, first of all, thanks a lot for your great work. I've done a
> few style eits (links, picture, etc.), as agreed in a private
> e-mail thread. Feel free to have a look and suggest (or do it
> yourself) any modification.

Next week, it will be me again. I'll either send out (after refining it
> a bit, as suggested in this list), the Gentoo Xen mainainer
> interview, or something else I'm preparing.
>
> For the upcoming weeks (i.e., the on of Jan 27th, of Feb 1st,
> etc), here's how the updated blog authors pipeline looks like:
>
> + George Dunlap (week of Jan 27th) + Julien Grall (week of Feb
> 1st) + Roger Pau Monne (the week after)
>
> So, I was thinking, George, what do you think about a report of
> the conference you were attending/giving talk at these latest
> weeks? In which case, if you're fine with it, it's probably better
> to have it ASAP (as it makes sense to have the report close to the
> event). If that is the case, you can have next week, my stuff can
> be postponed without much trouble.
>
> About Julien and Roger, the stuff that you've done and that you are
> also going to present at FOSDEM would probably make fine blogs too,
> what do you think? It's probably best to publish them _after_
> FOSDEM (which is not a problem with the current schedule).

I have an early draft about the FreeBSD PVHVM improvements that went
into FreeBSD 10, but I was holding off until 10 is actually released,
which looks really close:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.0R/schedule.html

And regarding PVH, I would rather wait until it's actually committed
to the FreeBSD HEAD repository, so then I can point people directly at
the FreeBSD source tree instead of my fork for testing.

Roger.