Re: [Publicity] Blog update, week of Jan 13, 2014

On 01/27/2014 04:30 PM, Sarah Conway wrote:
I think both of these would be good blog topics, possibly pitches.

* My talk, blog-ified (Why virtualization in your car?) timely...
* A description of the populate-on-demand feature, as many people seem confused about what it is and how it works. :-)
I don't know what this is...

This would be a much more technical post.  PoD allows you to boot a guest with less than its maximum amount of memory, such that it can add memory later.  This is a fairly important thing to have in overcommitted hosts, but making it work requires some clever tricks behind the scenes.  This would describe what the basic problem is, and give a description of how it works at a fairly high level.  It should be interesting even to people who aren't programmers.

 -George