Re: [Publicity] FOSDEM event report blog post?

On ven, 2014-02-07 at 11:56 -0500, Sarah Conway wrote:
> Hi Dario.

Hi,

> I made some edits, mostly grammar changes, online.

Thanks.

> Are you able to add specifics about the people you talked with who are
> using Xen? Might be a way to increase the blog's exposure on social
> channels too.

I'm not because, for the large part, it was people using Xen either at
home, or at work in "small" companies (that they either own or work
for), which names they often didn't even mention.

OTOH, I had a nice chat about someone from Verizon, and with a couple of
friends from Amazon, but then it is no big news that these two firms are
interested in / are using Xen already, I guess.

What changed, IMHO, as compared to last year, was how the project is
perceived outside, by a crowd like the one attending FOSDEM (so Open
Source advanced users and developers).
Last year I got a couple of those annoying question like "why you're
here, xen is not open source?" or "isn't xen dead already?" or "we don't
need you, there is <another_open_source_virtualization_solution>, isn't
it?".

This year, _not_a_single_occurrence_ of the above questions and attitude
showed up, which was very good! :-P
I tried to have the post reflect this, but I know I'm not very good at
it. :-/

Thanks and regards,
Dario