Re: [Publicity] FOSDEM booth demo: QubesOS

On ven, 2013-12-20 at 12:04 +0100, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
> On 12/17/13 18:51, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A bit of context, for Joanna's benefit:
> > http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/publicity/2013-12/msg00044.html
> >
> > Personally, I think QubesOS would make a great demo... Joanna, any
> > interest?
> >
> > In case you don't want or can't come (or send anyone) to Brussels, I did
> > setup Qubes on my laptop a while back, and I can try to do that again,
> > with a newer version and commit, if not to a full fledged demo, to have
> > it open and available for people to look at and play with while I'll be
> > at the booth.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> Hi Dario, Lars,
>
> Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately none of us plan to attend FOSDEM.

BTW... Sorry for reporting about this a bit late, but QubesOS demo
happened at the Xen's FOSDEM booth, and, if you ask me, it went pretty
well! :-)

Ufortunatelly, despite all the effort you (Joanna) and Marek spent in
trying to help me, Win7 seamless mode wasn't functional on the laptop.
Still, I reported to the many intereste people the availability of that
feature too, which only happen to be not working in that very moment
(it's a Beta, after all!).

Despite that, it was something very interesting to do on my side, and
something very well received from the FOSDEM crowd... We definitely
should do that again in future events!

You can find something about how FOSDEM went for Xen here:
http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2014/02/07/xen-fosdem14-an-even-report/

Feel free to use the link/the article/the content in any way you like.

Thanks again and Regards,
Dario