Re: [Publicity] FOSDEM booth demo: QubesOS

On 02/11/14 19:19, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On ven, 2013-12-20 at 12:04 +0100, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
>> On 12/17/13 18:51, Dario Faggioli wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A bit of context, for Joanna's benefit:
>>> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/publicity/2013-12/msg00044.html
>>>
>>> Personally, I think QubesOS would make a great demo... Joanna, any
>>> interest?
>>>
>>> In case you don't want or can't come (or send anyone) to Brussels, I did
>>> setup Qubes on my laptop a while back, and I can try to do that again,
>>> with a newer version and commit, if not to a full fledged demo, to have
>>> it open and available for people to look at and play with while I'll be
>>> at the booth.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>

>> Hi Dario, Lars,
>>
>> Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately none of us plan to attend FOSDEM.
>>
> BTW... Sorry for reporting about this a bit late, but QubesOS demo
> happened at the Xen's FOSDEM booth, and, if you ask me, it went pretty
> well! :-)
>
> Ufortunatelly, despite all the effort you (Joanna) and Marek spent in
> trying to help me, Win7 seamless mode wasn't functional on the laptop.
> Still, I reported to the many intereste people the availability of that
> feature too, which only happen to be not working in that very moment
> (it's a Beta, after all!).
>
> Despite that, it was something very interesting to do on my side, and
> something very well received from the FOSDEM crowd... We definitely
> should do that again in future events!
>
> You can find something about how FOSDEM went for Xen here:
> http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2014/02/07/xen-fosdem14-an-even-report/
>
> Feel free to use the link/the article/the content in any way you like.
>
> Thanks again and Regards,
> Dario

Hi Dario,

Thanks for the update and for undertaking all the efforts to show of
Qubes OS :)

I think that a non-working windows support on a FOSDEM conference might
just not be that much of a problem anyway ;) (But of course, we're
working to improve this support and hope to have it much better in the
soon-to-be-released r2-rc1...)

Thanks,
joanna.