Re: [Publicity] [MirageOS-devel] Scheduling some posts for openmirage.org

On 11 Feb 2014, at 18:57, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On gio, 2013-12-12 at 11:55 +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 09:08, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Just for clarity, these are intended for the Mirage blog, right? Or is
>>> it the Xen-Project blog that you're targeting (also)?
>>
>> These are for the Mirage blog, but I would very much like to distill
>> them into summary documentation suitable for the Xen blog.  The audiences
>> for both are fairly different -- the Mirage readers would want more of
>> the mechanics of the toolchain, whereas the Xen crowd probably care more
>> about the details of the protocols.
>>

>>> If the former, well, personally, I think it would be great to have most
>>> (if not all) of them in Xen's blog too. As Lars said, we often publish
>>> stuff sort of multiple time to amplify the effect. However, if we're
>>> worried that would mean too much information duplication, perhaps
>>> someone could write a summary, for instance, of the various posts in the
>>> 'Homepage' category for the Xen's blog?
>>
>> Agreed -- I suggest we push these out to the Mirage blog over December
>> (the GitHub issue now has target dates on it for those who 'volunteered'
>> on the Mirage call), and then summarise for the Xen blog.
>>
> Hey!
>
> I just found this old thread and realized that not much of what we were
> discussing has happened, at least when it comes to "distill them into
> summary documentation suitable for the Xen blog".
>
> From the github issue cited earlier on the thread
> (https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/128) I can't tell exactly what
> went online on the Mirage blog, where should I check that? Do we have
> the material already for a post on the Xen Project's blog?

A timely question!  We have quite a few articles that have gone up now;
the front page has a summary of recent updates; http://www.openmirage.org/

Some specific articles that may be of interest from the docs page:
http://www.openmirage.org/docs/

- How Xen events work: http://openmirage.org/wiki/xen-events
- How Xen suspend/resume works: http://openmirage.org/wiki/xen-suspend
- Building custom disk backends:
http://openmirage.org/wiki/xen-synthesize-virtual-disk
- A walkthrough building a Hello World Xen kernel:
http://openmirage.org/wiki/hello-world

As for distilling these down to a Xen blog post, I'll defer to someone with a
little more time than I have right now.  I like the thinking though :-)

-anil