Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of February 10

On 02/14/2014 04:09 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote:
On ven, 2014-02-14 at 15:11 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
On 02/14/2014 02:32 PM, Dario Faggioli wrote:
Anyway, again, I totally agree with what you say. Just to clarify, if
George manage to get out the post on PoD (next week, at this point, I
guess?), that's definitely not a 4.4 new feature, so it should be fine.
Well I've got this much done:

http://blog.xen.org/?p=8848&preview=true

Oh, great!

And now I've had a look at it.

It's basically just PoD from a user perspective, without the technical
description.

Yes, and it's a really nice writeup of that.

I was dithering a bit between trying to draw some diagrams
to make the user description more understandable, and going through and
trying to describe more of the technical details.

Let me know what you think.

I'm not sure either. I'd say that the post as it is, even better with
a/some diagram, is already a really nice one. The only thing that
puzzles me in this case, is that it, yes, describes what PoD is and how
it functions, but, since the user can't really do nothing about or with
PoD (or can he?), it'd all be for the sake of knowing it, which may be a
bit weak of a motivation. Of course, if there were the technical and
implementation details, that would be "fixed", but I don't know how much
time and effort it's required be to add those.

TBH, I really would like to have a more technical and implementation
focused post about this, as I think it's something important that not
many dominate, and because it's a while we haven't had a 'Xen internals'
post. Of course, we can make this a process with two phases, the first
one of which is what you have, the second is the more technical
description.

On that ground, and if you're up to writing "episode II" (in a few
weeks, of course, e.g., when it will be your turn to blog again!), I'd
say, stick there a few hyperlinks, a cool (and copyleft) photo of some
balloons, a diagram --if possible-- and go for it!

Does that make sense?

As it happens, I'm about halfway through a "technical internals" description, so I think I'll just finish it up.

 -George