Re: [Publicity] Post: "How the Hypervisor team manages releases" for review (includes intro of Konrad)

On 07/05/2014 14:46, George Dunlap wrote:
Overall, looks good, Lars! The diagram is helpful I think, and you did a good job capturing what I was trying to do in my release planning. :-)

A couple of comments:

* Historically we've done 9-month releases. 4.2 was a 18-month release because nobody was paying attention. 4.4 we tried for a 6-month release and got an 8-month one. What did we decide about the 4.5 release cycle, Konrad?
I added: We aim to release the Xen Project Hypervisor every 6-7 months: historically we had a release cadences that ranged from 9 to 18 months. Introducing the Release Manager role, was instrumental to getting us to shorter and predictable release cadence.

* Worth mentioning my work on the CentOS Virt SIG as a reason for stepping down? Or is it too early for that yet?
Done

* "Hardening" in theory was supposed to last 2-3 weeks; it got extended in the 4.4 cycle to try to get PVH dom0 support in.
Done. I made it 3-4 weeks

I think that's it -- thanks!

 -George