Re: [Publicity] Intel/Xen Video Blog

Fine with me. I am assuming you will upload and press the button?
Lars

On 21 Jan 2015, at 16:50, Sarah Conway <sconway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

We are planning to publish this blog today to support the Intel/Xen video we produced last year.

Thanks,

Xen Project Advisory Board Spotlight: Video Interview with Intel’s Donald Dugger

Intel’s Virtualization Architect Donald Dugger started working on Xen Project software eight years ago. One of the first companies to contribute to hardware-assisted virtualization, today Intel remains equally focused on actively promoting open source virtualization. The company continually adds new virtualization features in its CPUs and is constantly evolving its virtualization support. Improved cache monitoring technology, which provides faster processing and better utilization to resolve the “noisy neighbor” dilemma when hosting large, resource-hungry data sets, is the latest contribution from the world’s largest chip company.

We recently interviewed Don to find out why Intel continues to support, contribute and invest in the Xen Project. In this video, Don discusses the pressure data centers face today to reduce costs and achieve more efficient use of hardware. Open source Xen provides a very secure, efficient and cost-effective way to solve these problems and allows organizations to do more with less. Don also talks about the key role open source virtualization plays in cloud computing, which is poised for continued growth as data centers struggle with capacity and resource availability. Don says Intel remains deeply committed to the Project to best service customers running a cloud environment based on Xen virtualization and utilizing Intel hardware.

--
Sarah Conway
PR Manager