Re: [Publicity] GSoC Blog Post

Hey Felix -

The blog post looks really good. I might recommend the following:

At the beginning give a more information about yourself rather than just in the first paragraph. I would suggest that you italicize this information, so under the header write something like "Felix Schmoll graduated from Jacobs University with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science; Felix is interested in XXXX." Here is an example of what I'm talking about from a formatting and content perspective.

With your sentence, "It was clear from the beginning that the American Fuzzy Lop (AFL) was supposed to be run on the hypervisor." Are you talking about your experience, i.e. "it was clear from the beginning of my experience" or the introduction of American Fuzzy Loop in general, i.e i"t was clear that American Fuzzy Loop (AFL) was created for the hypervisor."?

For this entire paragraph are you referring to your experience? If so, I would suggest a rewrite of:

It was clear from the beginning of my experience that the American Fuzzy Lop (AFL) was the best choice for the Xen hypervisor. In order to make this work, we had to port it to the kernel. The first step was to allow it to obtain feedback on the coverage from Xen by implementing a hypercall. Further, a mechanism was needed to actually execute the hypercalls from a domain other than dom0 (there are many ways to stop the hypervisor from dom0, and this was not what was supposed to be tested). This was done by the "executor," an XTF-test case run as a server that receives test cases from an AFL-instance. In order for this to work, changes had to be made to the hypervisor, libxl, xenconsole, XTF and AFL.

I think once these edits are made, we can post this.