[Wg-openstack] Minutes from Jan 13/2016 OpenStack Working Group meeting

= Attendees =

Lars Kurth (Citrix)

Bob Ball (Citrix)

Michael Glasgow (Oracle)

Alexander Burmashev (Oracle)

Jim Fehlig (Suse)

Stefano Stabellini (Citrix)

Anthony Perard (Citrix)

Joao Martins (Oracle)

ACTION (Lars): Add Portugese number to invite, as Joao is based in Portugal (done)

== State of libvirt patches for improving interop with OpenStack ==

The following item is on the agenda to ensure that no patches have been missed. Jim doesn't think so, that there any outstanding patches

What is the status of

- p2p migration

- reverted virDomainInterfaceStats

PROBLEM: need to expose the prefix for libvirt and need to make more generic

Joao has both of the patches and wanted to follow up on Friday, but has not done so because of the freeze.

Joao will follow up on Friday, which Jim should see. Fixes related to outstanding crashes are coming in the next release.

Are there any other patches that have been overlooked.

No

== Feature classification matrix changes ==

See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/264719/ (the group classification will go away)

John Garbutt has for a long time favoured a plan to phase out A, B, C classification and move to a Feature classification (e.g. Feature X, Y, Z). Most likely this will take up to 6 weeks.

There may still be value to get Xen into the gate

Implications: the issue that Xen is a second class citizen is most likely going away

ACTION: if someone sees further work for new classification (e.g. Bob) and will cross-post on the list

Stefano: this sounds like good news for Xen + Libvirt

Bob: Agreed, some of the plans to move to group a may not be needed

Lars: John Garbutt has a talk at FOSDEM

Anthony, Lars is going to FOSDEM

Bob: probably not need a meeting, as we can have a meeting with him.

ACTION: Lars to reach out to John re FOSDEM

== Docs for Xen+LIBVIRT ==

Lars created Xen+Libvirt docs in Q1 2015. May need to be updated

Stefano: makes sense to update

Who is willing to review the docs? Joao, Stefano, Anthony, Jim

ACTION: Lars to send a link to the docs on the list and ask for review

Note, docs are at http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/config-reference/content/xen_libvirt.html

ACTION: Lars will make mods and upstream

== CI Loop Maintenance ==

Nothing to discuss at the moment

There are a number of outstanding openstack fixes that may affect us

Until these are committed upstream, we do not know whether these are our issues

Failure rate is <10%, but higher than we would like

== Status of Tempest into OSSTEST ==

Series was posted, but has not been committed. Some review comments

Still possible for 4.7 time-frame

Issue: bandwidth

== AOB ==

* Mark Duggan's query

Joao: The issue has been fixed according to Anthony's suggestion

* Joao: did you know that libguestfs and libvirt qemu driver

When nova tries to inject files, it uses libguestfs to inject files (which then uses libvirt qemu driver, but not kvm). Not an issue if both drivers are built in. Maybe this is worth mentioning in the XEN+LIBVIRT guide.

Stefano: is aware

Joao: maybe in the future we can remove that dependency in the future

Stefano: thinks that this not a terrible design choice

ACTION: Joao to point Lars to this issue in the docs (e.g. add to troubleshooting section)