Re: [Wg-openstack] Call for Agenda items for this week's meeting

Hi all,

I talked to a few people and propose the following agenda

= Agenda =

== 1 year review of WG / CI loop running ==
It's been a year since the CI loop went live: I want to report back to the AB on
* What went well
* What didn't go well
* Where do we need more engagement from outside the existing stake-holders (Citrix, Suse, Rackspace, Oracle)

== Stuck Reviews/Known bugs ==
We seem to have a few stuck reviews, e.g.
How important are these. Should they be canned, etc.

== Xen Project CI/Xen Project Openstack Leadership ==
I think we are missing end-to-end ownership/leadership rather than “work item” level activities like fixing bugs or maintaining infrastructure. Stefano was sort of doing some of it at the beginning, but never quite fully. I have been trying to fill the gap, but am not closely enough engaged in engineering for me to be able to do this well in the long run. With Stefano gone now, we should probably look at this topic.

Perhaps we – the project - need a sort of “Openstack maintainer” or “Openstack coordinator” in a similar manner to how we have a release coordinator/maintainer for point releases to make sure all the individual things (like bug fixes and CI loop breakages) come together to make a release successful.
* If so, what would be involved in such a community role (activities, time requirement)? It sort of sounds similar to what Jan does for maintenance releases of Xen.
* Who would be willing (vendor or individual) to step up or be suitable?
* What can we use Credativ for (they could work under the supervision of the “Openstack maintainer/coordinator”) and what cannot be done via Credativ?

I think this is related to, but distinct from, the WG leadership. If we found someone who is willing to step up, I would be willing to hand over WG leadership to that person also. Am also willing to mentor.

Best Regards
Lars