Re: [Wg-openstack] Minutes of October 19 OpenStack WG Meeting

On 19/10/2016 22:01, "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Lars: This does only make sense if we do actually get review comments
>>and the change goes in. Can you CC this list on the series?
>> Anthony: Yes
>> Lars: Also recalls that Marcos Matsunaga from Oracle was planning to
>>use OSSTEST for misc purposes. He may be a good reviewer apart from Ian
>>Jackson. Not sure whether Suse can help, but we ought to communicate the
>>series to the wg-openstack@ list
>>
>> ACTION: Lars to follow up with Konrad and see whether this is doable
>>(aside: Konrad also reviewed some OSSTEST changes recently).
>
>Sure. Good timing on part to get started with OSSTest.
>
>Also .. didn't Intel post patches for OSSTest to do nested virtualization
>at some point?

Yes, that is correct. Robert Hu submitted a number of OSSTEST patches in
2015 adding some tests, including tests for nested virtualisation. These
made it into OSSTEST.

My understanding of the possible time-out issues with the CI Loop is that
sometimes we are exposed to time-outs within Nova, as running some
operations using nested virt are slower than running them on bare metal:
in other words slower than Nova and/or Tempest expect.

Regards
Lars