Re: [Wg-openstack] Notes of Feb 8 2017 OpenStack WG meeting

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 06:47:09PM +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Offline Question: Should we update
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1450465
>  with a reference to https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-12/
> msg00004.html and
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-01/
> msg01979.html?

Yes, I think that usefull. I've updated the bug with those two pointers.

> * Ci Loop failures
> 1. Still broken, but not a major issue as according to Anthony there are
> bigger
> issues with OpenStack CI loops right now (may have misunderstood)

Probably misunderstood, yes.

> 2. Found a few new issues
> 2.1. One issue in Tempest

Yes, I have a local patch that I have not send yet. But it's been tested
on the ci loop (the patch is been applied locally before each run).

> 2.2 Another issue is related to tests that prompt to do a back-up/snapshot.
> May
> be fixed by a newer guest version

Tempest often have the guest been suspended (either by doing a
backup/snapshot, or just plain suspend). But this fail quite often. So
far, I've just tried to update the guest kernel been used, but suspend
still fail quite often. (Guest is CirrOS, with kernel from Ubuntu.)

Suspend seams to fail when suspend is been requests before Linux start
usermode programme, at least that what I can understand from console
output been taken after a failed suspend.

Regards,

--
Anthony PERARD