Re: [Wg-test-framework] Proposed hardware shopping list

Don Slutz writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Proposed hardware shopping list"):
> As I said, here are some questions on this.
>
> 1) Does it make sense to add a:
>
> SanDisk X210 SD6SB2M-256G-1022i 2.5" 256GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid
> State Drive (SSD)
>
> as a fast root disk to each mid-range server.  Currently about $190 each, for
> a total of $380.

I would expect everything we care about to either be in buffer cache,
or large.  (Eg I wouldn't want to put the git repo caches on SSD.)

> 2) How big should the logging disk(s) be?
>      3TB disks look to be about $120 each (PH3300U-1I72, 3 Year Limited
> Warranty) or
>          $200 each (WD3003FZEX, Limited Warranty period (parts): 5 years).

As big as feasible is good.

> 3) How do we handle backups? More disks, usb external disks, or something
> else?

I'm hoping that our hosting facility can provide us with a hosted
storage backup arrangement.  Dealing with backup hardware is a PITA.

Thanks,