[Wg-test-framework] Minutes from Thursday 9th October

Attendees

* Don Slutz (Verizon)

* Aravind Gopalakrishnan (AMD)

* Don D Dugger (Intel)

* Marcos Matsunaga (Oracle)

* Ian Jackson (Citrix)

* Chris Shepherd (Citrix)

* Not available: Lars Kurth

== Actions==

Ian explained reasoning for paired machines in earlier email to WG. No further discussion required.

== Contracts ==

Lars (by email):

- the COLO contract is approved and signed

- the maintenance contract from AllNet is approved and ready to be signed, but waiting for an ACK from me

- I am waiting for the detailed updated HW list with prices from AllNet – this was supposed to come last week and needs chasing. We may need re-approval from the board for this one depending on overall cost. I was going to have this one signed together with the maintenance contract

Ian chased AllNet earlier this week, final quote promised by end of this week.

==Next Steps==

Ian will send the signed contracts back to AllNet who will proceed to procure the hw and liaise with Ian to set it up correctly including basic so provisioning (OS and VMs) Ian will then deploy osstest on top. He has prior experience of re-deploying osstest and does not expect this to be difficult.

Estimtate on how long it’ll take to deploy – the hw installation depends on AllNet procurement & resourcing, likely to be at least a couple of weeks, although may be able to deploy some of the sw before all hw is ready. Target is to be live by Christmas!

Thereafter will look to add extra osstest features e.g. to allow automatic submission of test jobs.

Ian raised the point that the overall xen project test budget is probably more than we are currently intending to spend, plus we can reasonably expect to get more next year. The new setup will have twice the throughput of the current internal one, but if we get additional demand as is likely then we should consider expanding the capacity next year.

ARM

Iain Campbell (Citrix) has created a chassis containing experimental ARM hardware in a 4U case with custom mechanicals – this is looking good, new colo is unlikely to be blocked on this, intend to ship it to AllNet to plug it in…Lars also talking to ARM companies we know through Linaro to try and procure additional machines for our test farm.