Re: [Wg-test-framework] Xen Project testing colo setup plan

Paul L. George(Office) writes ("RE: [Wg-test-framework] Xen Project testing
colo setup plan"):
> I am supplying 2 PDU's, 1 for each stack of Main and test servers
> I will get a few small UPS backup batteries to run the switches and I will
> see about getting dual power supplies, if possible, for the main servers so
> they will be running 2 power sources.

Did you see the diagram to which I posted a link ?  (I didn't show
power provisioning for the switches.)

I don't think we need dual power supplies for the main servers.  If
one of the power feeds goes down we can wait to see if it's fixed
quickly, and if not fire up the backups of all the VMs on the other
server.

We're not aiming for 5 nines uptime here - or even 4.  IME redundant
systems add complexity.

I definitely don't think we need battery backup for the switches.  If
we're running off datacentre power, I would expect to experience more
problems due to UPS failure than due to datacentre power failure.  So
please no in-rack UPS.

Thanks,