[Wg-test-framework] Notes from December Test WG meeting

Attendees
* Lars
* IanJ
* Don D (Intel)
* Aravind (AMD)

Agenda
* COLO Update
* Brainstorm ideas for budget next year
* AOB

Aravind: ARM boards
I asked for information about rack mountable ARM boards.
AMD does not yet know what boards will be available. We only have dev boards right now.
There are no specs for rack mountable systems yet and thus there is mo information re deployment architecture at this stage yet

Update (Ian):
Almost all of the HW we ordered in the shop and have been doing soak testing
AllNet should have the core servers in the COLO by end of this week (if nothing goes wrong)
Then there will be mostly SW set-up
Realistically speaking we will be able to run 1st test jobs in Jan
The earliest we might be able to switch production testing by the end of Jan (fairly optimistic)

Ian may have to get more deeply engaged with the suppliers

Lars: Microsoft licenses
I had a discussion with MS re licenses. The summary so far has been
* From MS: "I suspect that getting Microsoft to provide any licenses for the Xen Project will be a bit of a challenge"
* We may have to resign ourselves to buying MSDN licenses for the project (or for one of the commercial entities in the project to buy some an assign/provide then to the project"
* I think that there are also issues in the sense that MSDN subscriptions and licenses are per person only, which could be a problem
* I also had a look around various sources and I couldn't find any clear information on licensing, costs, etc. and what is actually needed

It is not clear at this stage how many licenses we would need for testing and how this would work in practice
It may also be possible that there is already a relationship between the LF and MS which may help

Action Lars: ask the XenRT team about more background on how they handle MS licenses

Lars: Budget for 2015
We discussed that (pending enough founds) we ought to consider to allocate
* New Hardware for $80K-$100K (including charges for set-up boxes)
* An extra Rack in the COLO: which if the prices are similar would amount to approx $1K set-up and another $10K per year for the space
* Do we need extra funds for additional maintenance? Should be the same...
* Any licenses we may need (e.g. MS licenses)