Re: [Wg-test-framework] Changes to Item 7 Dell PowerEdge R320 changed to a R420

Paul L. George(Office) writes ("Changes to Item 7  Dell PowerEdge R320 changed
to a R420"):
> They discontinued the R220 and just told us about it when where nagging them
> about where the servers were.  This was after they accepted the order back in
> the first week of November.  The only differences are the support for the new
> processors with higher clock speeds, and SAS support.  There is also some
> power
> saving options built in.

Did you mean they discontinued the R320 ?

> Old Chip = Intel Xeon E-5 2407, 10MB cache, 2.2GHz, 4core, 80w (32nm)
>
> New Chip = Intel Xeon E-5 2407 V2 10MB cache, 2.4Ghz, 4 Core, 80W  (Slimmer
> version 22nm

This is fine.

> The new R420 is slightly more expensive but it is in the noise so I will cover
> it.
> Just let me know if it is OK to order it in the at the version. There are no
> R220?s available.

I'm happy to have an R420 instead of the R320.  I think you have
(again) written R220 when you meant R320.

Lars: does this kind of no-cost variation need to be approved by
anyone ?  It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Paul: If you didn't mean R320->R420, and did mean R220->R420, then I
am confused, because your other mail about acpi problems is about the
two R220s which therefore presumably have already been delivered.

Thanks,