[Wg-test-framework] Minutes: AllNet Sync Meeting Jan 28th

= Attendees =

Paul George (AllNet)

Lars Kurth (Citrix)

Ian Jackson (Citrix)

Don Koch (Verizon)

= Progress/Loose Ends =

See

* http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/wg-test-framework/2015-01/msg00061.html

* http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/wg-test-framework/2015-01/msg00058.html

== Outstanding Issues requiring a COLO visit ==

Paul:

* Verifying pin-outs

* Expecting Comtrol today, but may be delayed due to storm

* Expecting results by Thursday night

* Need to coordinate with Chris and

* Looks like I blew up the Comtrol (seems like a common problem that Comtrol boxes canât be hot plugged)

== BIOS ==

* Ian is concerned that this issue has not progressed quickly enough

* Paul will follow up with Sherry

* Ian: not a huge crisis, but delay is of course impacting progress

* Paul: Not totally blocked as we have other items to work on

* Ian: doesnât think that the next version of Debian will help. Suspect that there are Debian images that may help. If Paul canât find them, then send Ian a line

== Earthlink Contact Point ==

Should have a Xen Project email alias for communications

ACTION: Ian will create an email alias for Lars, Don, Don, Paul, Ian

ACTION: Paul to ask AllNet to change the list address and send contact for the AllNet service center

== Rack & Hardware ==

Ian: Most stuff in the Rack. When can we get someone to visit

Paul: Letâs wait until we have everything set up, but can send some pictures

Paul: Have all the instructions for the ARM crate

ACTION: Paul to check whether it all makes sense and get back to Ian before we ship. Seems pretty clear, but will verify

Ian: Should send the ARM crate next week

== Don Koch had some questions ==

Ian: had an email conversation and also IRC conversations to move things along

Don: Firewall rules set up for Gateshead. Mainly needs EPT stuff and root password to be set. That seems to be the majority issues. Waiting for Comtrol box to installed

Don: For the main servers could set up two part authentication for extra security

Ian: Can probably just do ssh authentication â not our top level repo, so we donât need extra security

Ian: Should I create a DNS alias? Log & SSH alias

ACTION: Ian to discuss with Don via email

Ian: Asked by email: firewall on Newcastle & Gateshead the same

Don: Correct

Ian: When we have this in production, the idea is that if Newcastle dies we can bring up back-up VMs on Gateshead and transfer IP addresses such that all will run on Gateshead if there is an issue with Newcastle. Donât need an automatic switchover. For example a checklist based on instructions (can do a dry run)

Dom: May be easy enough to set up a script

Ian: Why donât we have a service IP address alias? IP address belongs to Newcastle if Newcastle is the router and Gateshead as needed â follow the colon syntax for VLANs

Don: will give this a try and report back; should be easy once we have serial up

Ian: Agreed â wait until serial support is added. Do ask on IRC/email if you get blocked

Don: Installed webmin as easier to do it via that. Have an extra port

Ian: If ssh works, than that should work. Not sure whether webmin can do this though

Don: Wants to copy logical volumes â takes foprever. QCow takes care of the holes and takes faster. Images set up on LVM

Ian: Are tou saying qemu-image has some support in it to deal with the holes?

Don: Correct

Ian: I would normally use LVM snapshot, mount snapshot in Dom0 and use rsync

ACTION: Ian to send Don info with suggested approach

Ian: Are you confident that you can get the PCI passthrough to Comtrol working

Don: Right now itâs a little hard

Don: Everything is running as HVM right now â had difficulties with PV

ACTION: Don, will try and give it one more run and Ian can try out whether there is something wrong in the config file. Normally donât run stuff on PV (could be that docs are out of sync with man pages)