[Wg-test-framework] VM update

  • To: wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Don Koch <don@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:02:42 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:03:01 +0000

Yesterday, I got all of the VMs created on newcastle and started on the
serial1 VM on gateshead.

Things done:
  newcastle: got some of the firewall stuff done.
    www: up and running and port redirect plumbed for web server
    db: installed postgresql
    infra: installed bind, dhcp server (w/ initial config)
    cache: installed squid, apt-cacher, git
    osstest, ssh, serial0: installed
  gateshead:
    serial1: installed

To do:
  newcastle: port redirection for ssh to ssh VM
    (do we want a second port for ssh directly to newcastle?)
  gateshead: firewall (including outbound nat)
    serial1: finish install once nat is working (mostly apt config)
  serial*: pci redirect comtrol and install/test drivers
    (waiting on re-installation of comtrol boxes)
  the usual "stuff I've forgotten"

The VMs are currently shut down awaiting the new hardware, but can be
brought back up if poking at is desired. I've pinged Paul to let me know
when he's ready to install the new comtrols so I can make sure things are
shut down properly (and will let Ian and/or Don know if they need to).

-d